My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
Sorry, there are no products in this collection
History of Kanchipuram Saree:
The name Kanjeevaram or kanjivaram saree comes from a small town or village named Kanchipuram in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu, where these sarees are believed to have originated from.
The saree or any outfit made in this woven fabric is considered a perfect ensemble for all kinds of important events, festivities, and different types of occasions like weddings, sangeet, haldi, and all. The classic weave produces a material that is thick and is tinged with silver or gold borders and motifs across the saree body. Kanchipuram saree is also a popular choice of the bridal ensemble in most parts of Southern India.
1. Plain Kanchipuram saree with gold border - This one might sound simple and elegant but the border is golden giving it a rich look. Perfect for your friend’s upcoming engagement or wedding ceremony!
2. Temple Border Kanjivaram saree – The name suggests a zigzag temple border with a chevron styled peaks’ design known as a temple, which makes it stand out from other types of kanjivaram sarees. Perfect for your anniversary party – even your own!
3. Modern Kanjeevaram weaves saree – These are woven in newer colors and contemporary designs and motifs on beautiful borders, definitely the first choice for the new-age bride!
4. Traditional Kanjeevaram saree – The coin, chakra, or checked motifs are the symbolically traditional kanjivaram sarees, and these surely are the richest weaves among others. This is a perfect wedding, festival, pooja, or bridal wear saree a gorgeous drape evergreen for every age.
1. Always dry clean your beautiful saree silk is a delicate fabric and therefore it needs a skilled hand to wash it and dry cleaning is the best way to handle your fabric.
2. If you do end up washing your kanjivaram saree or kanchipuram saree at home, always use cold water and just a little shampoo only after the first three washes. Harsh detergents and brushes will be very harmful to your beloved saree!
3. Wash the sari, the pallu, and the border of your sari separately to avoid damage to your gorgeous saree.
4. Never wring your saree that would be the last thing you want to do. It will wrinkle your kanjeevaram saree or kanchipuram saree and spoil it forever. First, you have to roll your saree in a dry towel to remove the excess moisture and then, hang.
5. You should always avoid drying your kanjivaram silk saree in direct sunlight you should dry it on the inside of your home where there is no direct harsh sunlight on it.
6. Never ever iron your saree directly, always put a cloth on it and iron. Direct iron will affect the beautiful shine of the saree.
Kanjivaram saree online shopping now made easy on KARAGIRI! The most graceful type of silk and hence it's the popular choice of pretty ladies.