Uppada silk sarees are made from the age-old Jamdani method, these saree come from the beautiful culture of India. They are held in great esteem the world over and are seen as one of the foremost contributors to Indias textile and as well as the Indian culture. Uppada silk sarees are used mainly during occasions of formal gatherings, festivals, and weddings. They are usually light in weight and can be worn quite comfortably throughout the year in all seasons. Uppada silk sarees are a preferred choice by cine actresses across the Indian spectrum for formal occasions and kitty parties.
Uppada jamdani sari is weaving takes nearly 10 60 days time for which at least 3 to 4 weavers have to spend approx 12 hours of their day to weave a beautiful uppada silk saree. Weavers use gorgeous lace with silver zari often dipped into melted gold and also the finest silk which comes from Bengaluru. The weaving of the sarees involves, laying out its ordinary design into interweaving silk threads, looming, and many more. There are around more than 3000 looms producing jamdani sarees in and around uppada and Kotha Palli area.
Maintenance of Saree:
1. Before Keeping your Silk Saree in the wardrobe, always wrap it up in a cotton cloth or paper.
2. Do not store your silk sarees with other fabric saree like georgette, polyester, and chiffon.
3. DO NOT store your silk saree on a metal hanger, as the metal will leave a stain on your expensive Uppada silk saree.
4. Avoid washing your silk saree at home.
5. The best way to take care of your heavy sarees is to dry cleaning them at regular intervals.
Try out the tips on how to maintain silk sarees and keep them fresh forever.