My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
Uppada is a village located 39Kms from Kakinada, where modernization and upgrading have not yet found its place. The people are very poor and under-educated with an approximate population of 35000 in the village. Yet the people here enjoy their simple life. Uppada Pattu or Silk Saree are well known and very famous for their unique designs.
Padmasali community is the major caste here engaged in the weaving of these sarees from many years which have aesthetic zari work in their beautiful designs. Only non-mechanical techniques are used to make these sarees, Jamdani is a handloom woven fabric made up of cotton, which traditionally was referred to as muslin. This weaving of Jamdani is of Bengali origin. Uppada Silk Sarees is defined by the length and breadth count of the threads used.
Uppada soft silk sarees are one of the most expensive varieties of Silk Sarees in the world. They are appreciated worldwide and are regarded as one of the foremost contributions to Indian Textile. In fact, Queen Victoria and Albert Museum of London have a fabulous collection of Jamdanis including Uppada Pattu Sarees or Uppada Silk Sari.
1. Before Keeping your Silk Saree in the wardrobe, always wrap it up in a cotton cloth or a paper.
2. Do not store your silk sarees with other fabric saree like georgette, polyester, and chiffon.
3. DO NOT store your silk saree on a metal hanger, as the metal will leave the stain on your expensive Uppada silk saree.
4. Avoid washing your silk saree at home.
5. The best way to take care of your heavy sarees is to dry cleaning them at regular intervals.
Try out the tips on how to maintain silk sarees and keep them fresh forever.
Uppada Silk Saris has always been popular for its distinct style and unmatched beauty and this craft has stood the test of time in various fashion trends. Uppada sarees have always been the designer’s favorite. Buy Upada fabric sarees online on Karagiri at amazing prices.